Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Installation Frustration!!

simonpayne
On our wavelength

Cable installation nightmare

Ordered service 2 months ago

I have a blocked paved drive which needs a short length of blocks lifting as there is no alternate route to get from the path to my hedge.

Installation subcontactors have been out 3 times and each time they have said yes they can do it, but need to book a longer slot rather than standard installation.  Blocks might not go down perfectly, but as I have told them I have a builder who can relay them after they have done so no major issue, so please get on with it.

Last visit was 3 weeks ago and now nothing.

I keep getting technician final connection visit dates being scheduled which I then have to cancel as there is no physical cable in the ground on my property.  Endless “we need to chat about installation” texts which seem to get me nowhere.

Now a voicemail, I rang back, the installation has been cancelled??

I have subsequently rung a number for installations that was given to me – his “system was down and he will ring me back in 5 mins” – he hasn’t.

I don’t know what on earth is going on – there seems to be a massive disconnect between the customer support and the people doing the work on the ground, and us left in limbo.

The early stages of this process were very encouraging/helpful as I thought they might refuse touching the drive completely, however it has become a bit like trying to nail jelly to the wall.  No one seems to follow up and what they said they would do.

Is anyone able to help with this – I just need to get the cabling contractor to come and do what they said they would do and I feel I’m getting fobbed off. Because it is a “non standard” installation this seems to be some sort of major issue despite being told otherwise.

15 REPLIES 15

Hi Paulina

I really hope so.  I want to have your service into my property as my current BT copper wire service is inadequate.

When I logged onto my account to see if there was any update online, it looks like the account is being closed.

Should I expect a phone call/text/email??

Or have I got to start again?

Regards

Simon

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @simonpayne,

I am sorry for the wait on this, the relevant team will be investigating this and you should hear back from them asap.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Just to update this.  I still have not had any contact about my complaint since December.

I had one missed call, a voicemail saying they would ring back soon (they haven't)

I have had a couple of emails saying "We just wanted to let you know we’re still looking into your complaint. We’ll get in touch in a few days’ time to go through the next steps."

So, two months has elapsed and none the wiser.  The complain process has been as useless as the installation.

I'd like to say I'm surprised but sadly I'm not.

Apologies for this @simonpayne, I can certainly understand the frustration caused by this. Having reviewed our systems we can see the team have been in touch to advise the next steps for this issue. Were you able to follow these as advised?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

This is what I have received by email - no one has spoken to me - this is all I've had (see below)

It says "we'll be in touch soon" so I assume the process hasnt been resolved and I am none the wiser.  Unless you are saying that I have to go down the dispute resolution route.  

It isnt really a dispute - I still wanted to look into getting your service into my house, and find out what had gone wrong causing my install to be forgotten about/endlessly delayed and my customer account terminated.

Am I able to start the process again, or will I just get the same end result?

Simon

----------------------------

Customer account number: 
Complaint reference: 

Hello   

We just wanted to let you know we’re still looking into your complaint. We’ll get in touch in a few days’ time to go through the next steps.

Now that your complaint’s been open for 8 weeks, you can get it independently reviewed by our Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), CISAS, if you’d like to. It’s completely free of charge. You can get in touch with them at cisas@cedr.com or on 0207 520 3814, or hop on their website at cedr.com/cisas

We’re really sorry it’s taking longer than usual. Thank you for being so patient with us.

We’ll be in touch soon,
The Virgin Media team

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @simonpayne

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message now to check on this, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs