cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I eligible for Automatic Compensation?

colinreid
On our wavelength

Hey guys.

So I'm a new Virgin Media customer and I was supposed to get an engineer installation on the 29th July and I also had two appointments rescheduled beforehand so basically 3 appointments that didn't happen.

My question is would I be able to get a compensation for the 3 appointments that didn't meet once I am all set up with Virgin Media if it ever happens?

Kind regards

Colin, 

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM should provide you with 24 hours notice of a cancelled appointment. If not, then you should be eligible for the compensation.

If you are waiting for an installation the day rate for delays is £5.83.

Keep good records, as you go along, in a timeline of all VM's failures to install. It will help you claim the correct compensation at the end of the process

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

VM should credit your account with the correct compensation within 30 days of your connection being activated.

The topics about compensation which appear on here though do often end up going to third party arbitration for the customer to get the correct amount that VM owes.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @colinreid thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

@goslow has provided all the correct info regarding automatic compensation here so please kindly use the link they've provided for further details. 

You'll receive any eligible automatic compensation once your services are activated, in the timescales mentioned above.

We hope this helps and if you have any further questions, please let us know. 

Many thanks

Tom_W