cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move hub from one v6 box to another

acdclf
Joining in

I have have two V6 tv boxes and a Hub 4.

Set up is a single cable into the house, this is then split into 2 cables.

One cable goes through the wall into the back room, this is then split again to feed into the v6 box and hub.

The second cable feeds directly into the V6 box in the front room.

I would like to move the Hub into the front room.

Can I just change the set up so that in the back room I remove the second splitter and have a single cable going into the TV box and move the splitter, second cable and hub into the front room?

I currently have it in modem mode into a mesh system, so will obviously have to move that also.

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Should be no problem. If it does not work you can just reverse it and call VM to do the move.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Vlkezyu
Just joined

Yes, it is possible to move the Hub and change the setup to have a single cable going into the TV box in the back room and move the splitter, second cable, and Hub into the front room. Here are the steps you can follow: In the back room: Remove the second splitter and connect a single cable directly from the main cable input to the TV box. Ensure that the TV box in the back room is receiving a signal and functioning properly. In the front room: Move the splitter, second cable, and Hub from the back room to the front room. Connect the second cable from the main cable input to the Hub. Connect one of the outputs from the splitter to the TV box in the front room. Connect the Hub to your mesh system or set it up in modem mode as you did previously. Ensure that both the TV box and Hub in the front room are receiving signals and functioning properly. By making these changes, you will effectively move the Hub and have a single cable going into the TV box in the back room, while the splitter, second cable, and Hub will be set up in the front room. Just make sure to properly connect and configure the equipment in their new locations. MyBalanceNow