cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi keeps disconnection/dropping constantly

Nnicoletaylor
Joining in

Started off with disconnecting at the same time every night, between 1am and 2am. Now its constantly dropping out or disconnecting completely throughout the day.

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nnicoletaylor,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the WiFi dropping out, can appreciate how frustrating that is. From a system check ran today it shows the below; We need to check that the coax cable (white cable) is connected securely to every piece of Virgin Media kit but also ensure that it is connected securely to any splitters that are in use as well as the wall socket.

Tighten any loose connections to make sure they are finger tight. If the cables have push-fit connectors make sure they are connected securely, especially to the back on the Hub 3.0.

When you've checked this, please reboot and monitor for me. If still happens let me know. If you've already done it recently, let me know.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

This did not help

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Good Morning @Nnicoletaylor, I've been able to look in your local area, and see that it's free from any outages.

I've then ran a flow on your hub and have been able to identify that an engineer is required to attend your property.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn