cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi in new Office

JasonSpoony
Tuning in

Hello all

I have a new garden office and I want to make sure the WiFi there is as strong as it is in the house. I am unable to identify it as a blackspot as I have a Hub 4, and trying to get hold of someone apart from the awful chatbot seems impossible.

Any ideas please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All as above, something like this should suffice Netgear Wireless Access Point (WAC104) | Dual Band WiFi AC1200 | Desktop Easy Set Up : Amazon.co.uk:...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You need to run an ethernet cable down to the office, feeding a separate WiFi Access Point. The cable needs to be CAT 6, and preferably protected in a pipe or duct. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The only sure way to get a good WiFi signal in a garden office is to run an Ethernet cable or two from your VM hub to office and install a small network switch and a Wireless Access Point. If you try to extend the WiFi from the house using a mesh you will hit problems. WiFi signals do not travel very well through modern glass and the signal can even get affected by rain.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All as above, something like this should suffice Netgear Wireless Access Point (WAC104) | Dual Band WiFi AC1200 | Desktop Easy Set Up : Amazon.co.uk:...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you, I will definitely look into this

Thank you, I will definitely look into this

Thank you so much