cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi = Worse than Dial-Up

ToberMoray
Joining in

I'm sitting 576mm from my router & cant get a stable Wifi signal - useless.

This post has had to be submitted by my phones G4 because Wifi is so bad.

Can someone tell me how to escape from this c**p contract

4 REPLIES 4

ToberMoray
Joining in

Whoopee - I got a hello badge ! 

I'd rather have what I'm paying for !

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model do you have and what package are you on?

Also, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Some people like the hubs and some don't but ethernet will mostly work fine so if you would like better wifi and think you can do better as VM don't support wifi its just their as a nice to have then get your own wifi router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi ToberMoray

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you're having issues with the WiFi. I've done a system check today and there's no outages or area issues that could be causing this. Then done a further check on your power levels, both upstream and downstream all fine, plus no congestion nor SNR (signal to noise ratio issues). Can you confirm please if it's just WiFi that's affected or is it broadband as a whole, with Ethernet devices affected too? 

If it's just WiFi, then please use the Connect app, virg.in/connect app - on your phone. This when installed, will allow you to do a wireless scan in the property, identifying any coverage blackspots and also will prompt you to order a Pod if needed.

Let us know 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill