cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi issues

Avispa
Joining in

I have been having issues with my WiFi dropping out all day. 
I have completed all the tests I can find, service status says there are no issues, soft reset and hard reset have had no effect. 
after speaking to VM tech support and being advised my WiFi would be boosted, at the end of the call I was told there actually was an issue in the area, but this would be resolved quickly. However, VM website still states no issues and there is no resolve time! 
This is now affecting my telly box as well, saying cable network unplugged. 
I have had issues for a while and am now extremely frustrated with the lack of information! 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are wired connections also affected (making this a broadband fault), or is this purely a wireless issue?

Known network issues are usually reported on the automated status line - 0800 5610061

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Signal is strong and Xbox is still connected. Phone drops in and out, tv connected. TiVo won’t connect. Wired is fine 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have a TiVo and not a V6 (check here ) that will be a different issue and I'd suggest starting a post in the TiVo board - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/bd-p/Tivo - explaining your issues with that.

Virgin supply you with a broadband connection, and a router - which converts into wired (Ethernet cable) & wireless (WiFi) connections. I'm trying to ascertain if your issues are with the broadband (affecting all connections) or just wireless.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry. I have a V6 which is affected. 
the power light on my router is yellow and not white as it usually is

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Avispa wrote:

Signal is strong and Xbox is still connected. Phone drops in and out, tv connected. TiVo won’t connect. Wired is fine 

Some mixed info in the above. You may have wi-fi issues and/or issues with your VM cable connection.

The number given by @japitts is the best one to get info on your local area issues IMO. My connection has been rubbish in the last few days due to problems in the area (fortunately now cleared, I hope) and the 0800 number did seem to provide the most accurate updates.

If you have had problems for a while (before your current area issues), you could also set up a broadband quality monitor (BQM) for your connection

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

I have done this yesterday and it does show useful real-time monitoring of your connection. Use it in conjunction with the VM service status info and you should get a good idea of how your VM cable connection is working (or not). It will also give you evidence if you need to follow up with VM for any longer term problems you might have with your cabled connection.

If you do have longer term wi-fi problems, that might be a separate line of investigation once you have eliminated a cable problem first of all.

Thank you for your help. 
I agree the information does not make sense, I either have WiFi or not, this shouldn’t be limited to one device! 
V6 box now working. Devolo also needed rebooting

Hi Avispa,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your connection across multiple devices. I've been able to locate your account and look at the back end of your services. It appears that there are some signal issues affecting your connection which will require an engineer's visit to put right.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can arrange this with you.

Beth

Beth