cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI POD Problems

on-dre
On our wavelength

So, 4+ weeks all my pods stopped working, Hub 4. They had been working for months then one day, they all stopped working and started to flash.

I got a new hub4, no difference. 

I was sent a new pod to try (Model PP01-VM), no difference, it just flashed (white). 

I've been promised call after call after call.......Asian/South African call centres are clueless

Also, I have 2 different types of pod, one has 1 ethernet port, flashes white, model PP01-VM and another flashes blue/green and has 2 ethernet ports, model SP01-VM. Does anyone know the spec differences between these?

A phone support guy in the UK told me that as a Gig1 customer I should have a "special" faster pod, any idea which model this may be (or is there a third/fourth) that I don't have that's for GiG1?

I see here that others are having pod issue with Hub4 compatibility (wish I'd visited here earlier). Do I need to demand a Hub5 swap? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mistryjayesh
On our wavelength

Hi

I believe there are 2 types of Pods Power Pods which I have 1 ethernet port and code is PP and Super Pod which has 2 ethernet ports and code is SP.

There is also a 3rd Pod which is a super pod 6E

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

25 REPLIES 25

on-dre
On our wavelength

bump, anyone from Virgin care to enlighten those of us who had working pods 4 weeks ago, now we have don't?

I've had a new hub 4 and 1 replacement pod to no avail....

spj20016
On our wavelength

I ended up having to put the hub 4 into modem mode and buy my own WiFi mesh system. I don't know what was changed but something must have been. There are so many on here with the same issue but each time the replies from the forum team seem like they know nothing about it. The only remedy that I have seen is being given the hub 5 but I wasn't offered it.

on-dre
On our wavelength

same issue here, none of my pods or replacements have worked for 4+ weeks now, had a new hub4 as well, same problem.

on-dre
On our wavelength

any chance of some help @Gareth_L ???

on-dre
On our wavelength

I'd be ok with that if VM covered the cost. 

on-dre
On our wavelength

Not 100% accurate, the pods are tied to your router and if there's a problem with the activation at VM's end then they won't work and good luck finding a support agent who knows what they're talking about. 

Heading towards a 5th week for my pods stopping working (worked great for months before that), a new hub 4, new pods, they're great when they work but clearly something is going on that VM aren't disclosing to their support staff or customers. 

mistryjayesh
On our wavelength

Hi

I believe there are 2 types of Pods Power Pods which I have 1 ethernet port and code is PP and Super Pod which has 2 ethernet ports and code is SP.

There is also a 3rd Pod which is a super pod 6E

OK, I have one SP and 3 PP's (none of them work still but good to know which is which). Allegedly, if you're on 500+ then you should not be sent the PP model. 

Lichtie61
Joining in

I have the same issues with pods on 3rd replacement but like other 2 they have never worked (constant flashing white light) when I phoned VM the agent said there was a problem with the hub 4 and pods and they were working on a fix that was 2 weeks ago.