cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM connect app

bwac2013
Joining in

Could anyone advise please why the VM connect app does not recognise VM intelligent wifi pod? I get a message saying I am using an unrecognised access point

32 REPLIES 32

jhuk
Trouble shooter

I was referring to the above poster who said they were not Triple Band but I was wrong about them not being simultaneous got mixed up with different models.

The PowerPod (the model with only 1 Ethernet Port and no longer for sale) is Dual Band and simultaneous.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @bwac2013,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry the VM connect app is not connecting to your Pods, do you still need help with this? I can see you have mentioned that you have been getting lower speeds while using the Pods also.

Please let me know.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I also have the same issue as the original post. My app doesn't recognise that I am connected to the pods when the app clearly shows the hub plus 2 pods. WiFi speed is massively down where signal was good before

jhuk
Trouble shooter

You have a HUB3?

Yes.

Hub 3 works well when in range too which is great. It's the pods that don't help.

When I tried to leave my contract and move to another provider I was persuaded to upgrade with Intelligent Wifi and Pod on the promise this would improve my wifi, the wifi speed is still crap which also restricts use of my 2nd VM STB and I ended up with another 18 months of contract ..... Mugged. 

Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 21.55.09.png

Hi bwac2013

Sorry this is has happened 

So I can look this in more detail

Can I send you a private message to pass security 

That way I can check the hub etc and get the WIFI fixed 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

I have dumped the Pod! it made the wifi signal even worse when using it in ONE of my black spots, I have a 2nd VM STB in the same room the Apps wouldn't work signal was 45% to the box (now 65%) Fire TV wouldn't work STB's won't talk to each other this has been going on since February I have already had one visit. I have M350 wifi signal ranges from 90 - 170 mbps and now recently getting drop outs.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Just to be clear....

You got the Pods as part of the upgrade - that obviously wasn't to a 1GB package - so was it to Ultimate Oomph?

If so the Pods were included - if not they were charging you £5/month as part of the "rental" package.

When you say you "dumped it" have you returned it and had the charge removed from your account (if you were being charged)?

If so... you are £5/month better off which you can now use to get your own better quality wireless equipment and sort it once and for all 🙂

£40-100 should do the job.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I haven't got 1gb I'm on m350 I'm not paying £5 pm, when I say dumped its now tossed in a cupboard with other useless tech