cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub used as an access point

Muss60
On our wavelength

I have a second Superhub and wondered if it was connected to my existing superhub via cat5e can it be set as a access point elsewhere in the house.

If I can use the second Superhub as an access point, how do you set it up and can I connect my Tivo via cat5e patch lead? ( Hoping this will give me access to Tivo via phone and tablets via internet)

42 REPLIES 42

Thank you people.

Yes both Firewall, incl "Detection" and "Pass Through" are all "unticked" and DHCP is off.

I guess I am being a little paranoid Smiley Frustrated

Broadband / Phone

I too have wanted to set up a spare SH as a wireless access point and I've followed the instructions you've set out. It seems to work well except like others I can't work out how to set the ending address to 253. Any advice will be appreciated.

I'm coming up against the same difficulty. Did you find out how to do this?

Thank you Sephiroth

This really really helped me out, I have now set this up following your instructions.

Trouble is homeplug powerlines don't work in my electric for some reason, maybe I have 2 rings I don't know.

But I do have another Virgin Coaxial cable running into the room I want to put the repeater I just made with your help, can I just hook up the coaxial to the repeater and it will work? rather than using a LAN cable

No you can’t use the coax. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
@junxs

We'd need to know more about your kit. Presumably you are in router mode and wish to connect one Powerline to the Hub 3 or whatever is your active hub.
SO exactly what do you do? Have you tried in the same room? What do the Powerline lamps do?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Kstry
Joining in

In the SH 3.0 options on the DHCP tab there are no options to change LAN IP address only to alter DHCP IP and turn it off. Where can I find the LAN IP?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

The LAN IP or gateway will be 192.168.xxx.1 depending on the DHCP range set.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The SH setup as the access point says you are connected with no Internet access. Every now and then the WiFi will be available for less than a minute and returns no connected but no internet. You do have access when connected via ethernet to the spare SH. Why won't it maintain a connection?

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Kstry wrote:

In the SH 3.0 options on the DHCP tab there are no options to change LAN IP address only to alter DHCP IP and turn it off. Where can I find the LAN IP?

cannot be changed in hub3 so its no use to you

Tony.
Sacked VIP