cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Reset

killjoy
Tuning in

I have a Hub 3

Virgin recently did a remote reset of my router which means I lost my settings and I am now unable to reconfigure it.

I cannot log onto the router with either my password or that the original that is on the base of the router, niether work.

Although it appears that the router was reset because I can log onto the internet WIFI via its SSID and the password on the base when I try and log onto the router directly I get the incorrect router message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The passwords are on the bottom of the Hub, if this is not legible, then you will need a replacement Hub, as there is no way to recover a lost admin (settings) password.  Depending on the Hub, it might just be a bunch of numbers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a local 60 second factory pinhole reset yourself as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

Note there are two passwords, one for the Wifi and the other for the Hub's admin settings, when using the console. Browse to http://192.168.0.1  for admin access, and you can setup the Hub again with your preferred settings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks, the only password I can see on the Hub is the WIFI one, where can I find the admin one which I assume is that required at  http://192.168.0.1 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The passwords are on the bottom of the Hub, if this is not legible, then you will need a replacement Hub, as there is no way to recover a lost admin (settings) password.  Depending on the Hub, it might just be a bunch of numbers.

killjoy
Tuning in

Thanks, I think I might be there !