cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Loses New SSID On Reboot Or Upgrade

TheBows
Tuning in

When I got my new router I changed its name and password to match my old router. Now I find that when it receives a software update, or if I power it off, it reverts to its factory name and password. So I have to make the change again.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stephen

10 REPLIES 10

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model is it. People are reporting similar issues on Hub4/5's after a firmware upgrade.

Just leave it on all the time and see if thats more tolerable until it gets fixed

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It's a hub 4. 

Hi TheBows, thanks for the message. 

I am sorry to hear that this is happening when rebooting. 

Can you confirm if this is still the case or do you find that this has been resolved since posting? 

Can you leave the hub on as jbrennand has stated and let us know if anything changes? 

Kind regards, Chris. 

I have not rebooted the router since my posting, and to the best of my knowledge it has not received an update from Virgin. So it has worked fine. Tomorrow I will reboot it and report my findings.

Stephen

Thanks for the update Stephen!

Keep us posted 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Just powered the router off and on. It has reverted to its factory name and password. Disappointing.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TheBows,

Thank you for getting back in touch and letting us know. 

Can you please confirm if you have Pod's set up and if you have Intelligent WiFi enabled? 

Also, are you using any other third party equipment with the Hub? 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hello,

I do NOT have any Pod's installed, NO I do not have any 3rd party equipment connected to the hub and YES I have smart Wi-Fi enabled.

Thanks

Stephen

Hi TheBows,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, so I can help further and arrange a technician if required I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.