cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: WIFI Pods

Clarkk
Joining in

Having similar issues. Contacted VM by phone but the person I spoke to said I needed an O2 account in my name and tried to change my contract!   My daughter has O2 contract in her name at our address.

Can you help us get a WiFi pod to boost coverage in extension.  Thankyou 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
You really don't want a pod better to get a good wifi router with 1Gb ports and put the hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
You really don't want a pod better to get a good wifi router with 1Gb ports and put the hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this...

To address the wifi issues, VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing cheap and cheerless “boosters”). However, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you.

You do have to call in to order the first one (cant do it online the website is borked) - or try the web-chat or Whatsapp functions (that has worked for some) - or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you .

If not… you will be charged £5/month (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

You would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) Powerline adapters (+/- inbuilt Wifi,) (5) A combination of (2,3,4).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Both O2 and virgin accounts have to be in the same name is my understanding

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bitsandpcs wrote:

Both O2 and virgin accounts have to be in the same name is my understanding

Since 12th April both accounts need to be at the same address, but can be under different names.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Volt/Volt-Megaguide/td-p/1541963 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Clarkk.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue joining the Volt deal.

Can I just ask have you tried contacting O2 first and going through that way?

Gareth_L