cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hub 5 device connection issues

theblaster
Joining in

I have the new hub5 , very slow to connect my devices if the power or router drops out  , it now seems that I have over 30 devices connected and now struggling to connect to any devices, if I reset the router some connect back and then immediately loose connection, I am 2 months in to my new contract, not looking good, even the hard wired ports devices cannot connect, the only device connected out of only 30+ working at present is the furthest away that initially required the mesh extenders to work in the first instance , that my old sky router ran with no issues without extenders? strange,  if I do tests I have full speed at the hub, but all my devices say no internet, so basically super fast broadband but no connected devices, why did i bother 

3 REPLIES 3

theblaster
Joining in

Day 4 now and having to use my phone to access my laptop, tv etc, rang customer service 3 times each time say we will run a check -  hold the line - phone plays music or goes quiet , 5 mins later phone rings, Hello Virgin Media MOBILE can I help ?? WHAT ! so have to start the whole process again as I'm reconnected to their mobile division? no apology for the mix up, no explanation, so now stuck in this loop ,  this is terrible service, then got a text message asking for how virgin media colleague did and mark them out of 0-10 score, I was fairly fed up so put 0 , believe it or not within the hour I got a call asking me why I wasn't happy and why I put 0 , instead of asking me if my service was back up or anything first which it wasn't, didn't ring me back when my connection disconnected on two occasions, 

Is it also just me, when i ring Virgin Media sometime i get sorry your signals breaking up, sorry if you don't answer ill leave , then they leave?? yet i ring people from all over with the same phone even Austraila with No issues. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @theblaster 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and so sorry to hear about the broadband issues you're experiencing.

Have you checked for any issues via our Service Status Checker? 30 devices is a lot of devices to have connected to the network at once also, do you have many of these wired directly into the hub via ethernet cables?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Client62
Legend

The Hub 5 has a list of known WiFi and DHCP issues in Router mode.
VM as ever remain silent on the Hub 5's frail DHCP server and flawed WiFi implementation.

Consider using the Hub 5 in Modem mode and adding a 3rd Party router that you can control & will have functional WiFi and a working DHCP service.