cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Intermittent

coiledgung
Joining in

Hello,

I have been experiencing intermittent broadband for the last week, making it very unstable and almost unusable. As I have a working from home contract, this is unacceptable. 

My big problem is the lack of an update and no contact details. There is a notice when i try the various links, saying there is a service issue in your area, but that has been up for days. 
We moved to Virgin Media for a better experience, but so far, even before this issue, it’s been pretty poor. Not what I expect from Fiber.

Could someone from Virgin Media help with more detail please?

2 REPLIES 2

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi coiledgung 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues with your service. I've taken a look on our side and can see there is currently a known problem in your area. The details are below.

Fault Type: SNR (Signal-To-Noise) - You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then

Fault Reference: F010690554  

Estimated Fix Time: 24 MAY 2023 14:00

This term refers to interference in the Broadband signal caused by external noise entering our network. Locating and diagnosing this problem is challenging because the noise can enter the network from various points. Typically, it is caused by customer equipment such as loose connections or third-party devices connected to our network. However, it can also be caused by local infrastructure like street cabinets, cabling, or the origin of the signal known as the Headend (our servers/routing system).

To identify the source of the noise, our Network Technicians need to trace where the issue is coming from. Once the source is found, the necessary work will be completed.

Our teams are working as quickly as possible to resolve this issue, and we're very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Client62
Legend

Reports / progress on local faults should be available via the automated number : 0800 561 0061