cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Device Keeps Reconecting

murday1983
On our wavelength

For the past month or so i have been checking connected devices in the VM Connect app. The below one keeps reconnecting when i pause it

Device name and mac add are: **:**:**:**:**:**

I keep pausing it, which it stays paused for random timeframes sometimes a week, few days and on one i did it in the morn and night it was back.

I have take it off hotspoting, changed my password and only me uses the apps and knows the hubs password.

I dont have a device name, manufacturer or anything and when it paused everyones items connected still work, and so does the tvs, the actual VM Box, tablets, consoles etc etc

Took a screenshot if that helps hut im stummed of what it is, how to find out as theres no IP details..its strange

Screenshot_20231025_000232_VM Connect.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

The unknown devices are your laptops / computers / mobiles that support MAC Address Randomisation.

Go into the VM Connect app and hope that you are able to release ALL the paused devices before you shoot yourself in the foot and block your own mobile phone & become totally locked out of the Hub.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @murday1983 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your hub

Have you been able to check the above from Client62 as this looks to be the issue with the unknown device. Please do let us know how you're getting on

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

As i said in my post when i pause it, everything still works, meaning, tvs, mobiles, laptops, tablets.

The device name comes through as the MAC address. It unpauses itself randomly