cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pon id was wrong been waiting months.

Oliverp
Joining in

I've had multiple engineers around to do the installation and ever time they come I get told the pon id is different to the one on my router and it's not something an engineer can sort out. Then I ring virgin and explain thr pon id needs changing and they keep resending engineers and its become a huge endless loop of incompetance.

12 REPLIES 12

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and see if they can help sort it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Oliverp 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to about the poor experience you've had and that you feel this way 😔

I can see you've spoken to the team. What's the latest information you've been provided in terms of getting this resolved?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your support @jbrennand 👍

Regards,
Daniel

They are sending another engineer round on Thursday 19/10 they think there going to get the pon id issue sorted this time. I'm very doubtful,  I feel like the agent on the phone is just fobbing the situation off by sending another engineer,  the last engineer said the pon id is nothing he can fix or alter he said that's for virgin to sort out.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When it is sorted make sure you check the start date of the contract, also check into the compensation available.

T&C's of the automatic compensation scheme at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us Oliverp, how did the visit today go? Have they been able to do anything further?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Engineer didn't show up . Looking into other providers and also going to claim compensation.  

Engineer didn't show,  I still don't have an active broadband connection

Another engineer round 21/10/23 and another one bites the dust,  pon id incorrect and virgin call handlers unable to understand what there engineers are need rectified. After all 5 of these engineer visits and 2 months waiting I'm still here with no Internet because you won't simply change the pon id from whatever back office its done from . 

The pon id is still wrong and the engineers can't seem to get virgin to change or acknowledge this issue