Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Verify Email Link Expired

When trying to sign in to virgin media online it tries to send a link to verify the email. As soon as I click on the link to verify it, the link has expired. Making us unable to access our account online 

Internet dropping cont.

Hello all, Further to my post earlier (which I now can’t find…yes it’s a bad day!) Jbrennand suggested I post my logs. Can you please advise? (I was unable to do this from my laptop because work disable everything. So these are from my phone, if that...

Hub 3 constant red light

Hi Virgin,I'm having the frequently reported red light issue on my hub 3.'ve tried the pin reset, power off and on but the light stays on. The router is cool, in a dark and well ventilated area, yet the broadband is incredibly slow sometimes (5-15mps...

LeMal by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

internet

Hey Everyday day at 4.30 am my internet drops ,its getting really annoying and what is the issue ??

Resolved! Cannot access Hub5

192.168.0.1 gives me a sign in panel but it claims the password on the router base is incorrect.  I tried 192.168.100.1 but that gives site cannot be reached.  I've used the base reboot and even turned the thing off and on to no avail. The network lo...

LenG by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

2 Separate Accounts at 1 Address & Questions

Hello,I'm looking to have a second account, hub and package installed at the same address (2 separate packages and bills). I've been told this is possible but struggling on the customer service line to get it sorted out.I currently have a set up acco...

Red light on hub, but still getting wi-fi

I've had WiFi and internet access all day, but the hub shows a constant solid red light.Other users have had this issue and we're advised to try a pinhole reset for 30 second with Ethernet cables removed; https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networki...

Outtage in SS2 Area

Service status says everything is fine but its not, broadband has gone up the creek since 30 minutes ago and what a shocker YOUR STUPID PHONE LINE DONT WORK CAUSE THE INTERNET DONT WORK WAY TO GO VIRGIN MEDIA PUTTING ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET GREAT...

alphaomega16_0-1696519036669.png alphaomega16_0-1696520356986.png