Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 52 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub 4. Random reboot dozens of times a day

Hi All,It's not something new for me. This's been happening for more than 1 year. The hub automatically reboots (it start flashing) many times per day. There is no a particular scheme of rebooting. It can work fine for 1-2 hours, then it can reboot 5...

Hub 5 - Yellow Light & Total Loss Of Service

Hi all,Moved property back in December of last year and took my 1Gig package with me to the new address. Shortly after moving in I noticed my Hub 5 would do a full restart every night after midnight.After a few weeks talking back and forth with custo...

Why so poor?

We switched from Sky broadband (old fashioned ADSL) to Virgin Fibre a few weeks ago and we’ve had nothing but problems since. Tonight was the last straw when it once again disconnected during a Zwift race. Every night streaming starts to buffer and n...

Connect app does not work

Hi,Virgin connect app does not work, it's connected go hub 4 OK, but does not pause any devices, even when it says the device is paused! I've rebooted the hum numerous times, unstalled the app as well and tried it on other phones and still no luck. B...

Virgin connect not pausing devices

Hi, Connect app not pausing devices even when it says its paused and when you go to unpause the device its says Ooooooops somethings wrong! I've rebooted the hub, reset it as well, including unstalling the app numerous times before asking!

Packet loss and intermittent connection issues

Hi all, Been having intermittent connectivity issues since last Thursday after a 1Gig upgrade. When I go to service status it states there are no problems in my postcode. If I click on the "Test your connection" button it comes back saying "looks lik...

9d62f995e8ae77021bbfed3acbc03ea29bc86322-23-01-2023.png
airz5 by Tuning in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Pausing devices

I am on the virgin media connect app with the hub3 and previously been able to pause devices but now not able to do it. Tried re installing the app and re boot of the hub. Iv just un paused one so that works but when I try to pause one it just spins ...

Whalley85 by On our wavelength
  • 117 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connection dropping

The connection keep dropping, every 20-30 min that’s very annoying, we can’t call couse they saying everything is fine witch is not . Very unhappy with Virgin from 3-4 weeks:(((

Been getting buffering and high ping spikes

I've noticed highish ping spikes and even buffering recently on twitch and Amazon and even cutting out altogether on the odd occasion, my general download and upload speed has been ok, I've got gigabyte vigin coming this week along with new superhub ...

Screenshot_20221024-190722~2.png Screenshot_20221024-190729~2.png Screenshot_20221024-190733~2.png
simsim3d by Joining in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos