cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Privacy Warning on Wi-Fi Network settings - IOS

Bytors
Joining in

Hi there,

I noticed a privacy warning that wasn't there before, maybe since IOS 15 but can't be positive.

Is says that this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic. How do I resolve this?

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What network name are you connecting to?

The warning is technically correct - Virgin Media's DNS servers don't currently support encrypted DNS, however that's not the same as the Virgin Media network blocking you using other DNS servers that do use it

First thing I would suggest using is the 'Forget this network' option for your home WiFi and setting it up again on your device.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Bytors 

Does the pinned post at the top of this forum help?

Networking-and-WiFi/iOS-14-Weak-Security/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

The link I saw speaks to the Wi-Fi keys used. I’d already adjusted mine when the service went in. I do not see any reference to encrypted dns traffic. Why would that not be allowed?

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What network name are you connecting to?

The warning is technically correct - Virgin Media's DNS servers don't currently support encrypted DNS, however that's not the same as the Virgin Media network blocking you using other DNS servers that do use it

First thing I would suggest using is the 'Forget this network' option for your home WiFi and setting it up again on your device.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi There,

I was connecting to my own router. I did what you suggested and it stopped. I also manually changed my DNS servers and it was also fine. 

So thanks for that.

Cheers

PhilipF
Superfast

In my case this appeared after I set up hub, the Ipad could see the old SSID of the SH3, which was due to one of the the pods not  provisioning to the new hub and appearing as the old SSID, 2nd line support sorted after some effort. Old SSID  removed and IOS message as well.