cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor comms during loss of service

PVJ
On our wavelength

Coinciding with a letter notifying of an above inflation price rise just a few days prior, we recently experienced a full loss of internet - and a shocking lack of communication from VM.

We noticed internet access had gone down in the early hours of Tuesday morning and after running tests and speaking to a neighbour also with VM (who had also lost service), we reported the issue Tuesday morning. An engineer visited the following day - seemingly unnecessarily changed the router, said there was “noise on the cable” and after phone calls identified that there was a fault on the box in the road, which another engineer would have to come out to look at (as he couldn’t). We were left without internet and no alternative (like a mobile hotspot) available, but was told the engineer would attend the following day (Thursday).

We then never heard from VM again. 

After another 30 mins call again on Saturday AM (when I was able to call back), I was told the engineer couldn’t have booked the second call out as they are unable to authorise it! I was told someone would visit on Monday morning. No one visited, no one called, no messages received - but somehow internet coverage returned on Sunday afternoon. 

I have reported issues regarding a lack of communication before - is this poor communication level really standard procedure from VM?

Can a member of the VM team confirm that automatic compensation will be applied to my account for a full loss of service?

I would also like to ensure I am not charged for the booster pods for the remainder of my contract. These were originally given free of charge, but are now going to be chargeable. I really don’t want to wait on a phone call again to do this!

11 REPLIES 11

PVJ
On our wavelength

Thank you for the reply Gareth.

No problem regarding coming back to me today re credit.

I’ve just double checked my contract and it shows the pod discount ends on 1st May, whereas the contract is until 18th September. If the pods are free until the contract expiry I’ll keep them for now. Please let me know.

Hi @PVJ 
I have let Gareth know of your query today regarding your pods discount expiry. 
Should you have any further questions on this matter, please do message Gareth privately, this is so they receive the notice of your message and be able to get back to you a lot quicker than we can on public messages. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley