cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanent Red Light on Hub

Kimborooney
Joining in

Hi I’ve been experiencing a permanent red light issue on my hub. I do have WiFi but it’s not great. I’ve checked all connections they appear to be fine. it’s up on unit so not overheating. I’ve rebooted it etc…..

I spoke on webchat at least a week ago and they ran tests and said everything was fine so probably in the middle of updates. However the red light has permanently been on now for about 2 weeks now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Kimborooney

Thanks for coming back to us, I will send you a PM now to book a tech visit in.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Turn off hub, leave for half an hour, turn on and of the LED is still red it will need replacing. a VM staff member will get to your post shortly.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Kimborooney, welcome to our forum page and thanks for posting here with your issue.

We're sorry to hear you have a red light on your hub, could you please let us know whether that has an impact to the services?
Is your landline connecting via the hub too? If so, does this work at the minute?

Also, you may follow the below steps as Tudor suggested:

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

Please, try the above and let us know if the red light comes back on and if the internet or any other service has been affected by this.
Happy to help based on your feedback.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi tried everything and it’s still come back on red.

I don’t have a landline.

Yes the internet has been affected a bit sort of intermittent when im doing something say online and I have to re-fresh/try again same with iPlayer when im signing in. 

Hi @Kimborooney

Thanks for coming back to us, I will send you a PM now to book a tech visit in.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @Kimborooney

Thanks for joining me on PM and confirming your address for the technician visit due to the red light on your router, after all the checks have been done.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

John_GS
Forum Team