cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing connection issues

Eleven71
Joining in

Hi

I’ve intermittent broadband connection problems which have been going on for several weeks. Checked online status etc. Which is fine. Switched off and reset numerous times. Resolves for a short time but falls over again in a day or two. Light is currently yellow. How do I get an engineer to investigate? Or are there any other options to try? Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Check for a known local fault on 0800 561 0061 - it is an automated service.
Customer Support are on 150 or 0345 454 1111 from a non-VM phone, report the outage.

For us the online status checker requires much of Colchester to have a service black out before any faults are reported.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly... Can we check… are your issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks. It’s a wired Hub 3 with yellow static light. WiFi seems ok at present, but the TV’s not working this evening, although streaming services are. The TV box is an Arris DCX960. Tonight the light is static yellow too. 

Hi @Eleven71 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the delay in responding. Can I ask, do you require assistance on this or have you been able to reach out to our contact team. I shall send you a private message. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina