Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Networking

Hello, I have just joined virgin media and I got my hub instalation done but got told I need the cable changed which means external work, now that the external work has been done there is still no connection to the hub and have no internet

Vasile1 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi speed

My virgin speed test varies from 50 mb to 240 mb per sec on the same computer within 2 feet of the router. I have tried turning the router off an on after 1 minute but I still get the same issue.Is there something I am overlooking?

Mikef47 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Fibre optic cable for hub 5x

Hi is it possible to get longer fibre optic cables for the hub 5x to reposition it?When we upgraded to gigabit fibre cable used to install the hub was only about 2m long, which left the hub stuck behind a TV / console etc.. 

1gig upgrade offer

I have been offered a 500mbs to 1gig upgrade but have 2 questions...1 - will I be sent a new hub (I have a Hub 3 at present) and can I self install?2 - I have 3 pods; will they automatically to the new hub?Thanks in advance

How to order Wifi pods?

Connect app informs me we have zero wifi in one bedroom and not much more in the kitchen, and suggests ordering a wifi pod.  Clicking the link to order brings me to a page to change my package, paying an extra £8pm.  As a Volt customer with Virgin Me...

AmandaJD by Just joined
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3 Constant Orange light

Hi, My virgin WiFi Hub 3.0 has got a constant orange  light and our internet is working but download speeds are slow.I have:- turned it on and off at the wall- checked all cables, switches etc for loose connections- pressed reset button for 15 second...

SherpaG by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos