cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to change DHCP starting address

Rockhoppers
Tuning in

As subject says, unable to change the DHCP starting address.

Have seen other comments about this on here and appears to be no resolution.

I could do it no problem with the Hub3, why not the Hub4.

I have a new IP camera that is set to 192.168.1.64 and i can not access it to reset it as i can't change the Hub4 settings. Tried resets ect as discribed on forum, before i posted this.

Am i right that this is still an issue. If so not happy with Virgin.... again !

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately VM are locking down most of the useful parameters in their hubs and there is no way you can change the DHCP subnet from 192.168.0.0/24. Why cannot you reset the device?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Client62
Legend

Faced with a similar situation, I changed my PC's IP address to a static value that was in the range of to the new device I was attempting to manage,
( in my case they 2 Poweline / WiFi adaptors ).  Having gained control of the devices and moved their IPs to the range offered by DHCP from the Virgin Media Hub, I reset the PC/laptop to the original DHCP settings.

So in this case one could manually set a PC / Laptop etc into the 192.168.1.xxx range say to a value like 192.168.1.10
now 192.168.1.64 should reachable via a web browser for management of the IP camera.

A key assumption is that the PC/Laptop and IP camera are connected to the same Hub or network switch.

The camera will not let you change the IP address until it is activaed and to do that you need to register a new pasword from a PC on the same subnet range. in this case 192.168.1.XXX

Have tried that but not having a lot of luck, still unable to access it.
Still playing with it, maybe i have not done it right yet.

The settings for the PC / Laptop might look as shown below,
having made the IP address change one would expect to be able to ping the cameras IP address

Client62_0-1671286615008.png

got it sorted now what a PITA.

Andrew

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Rockhoppers, thanks for the posts and replies on our help forum.
We're sorry to see you've faced issues with changing your DHCP recently, glad to see it's now sorted with the advice from our insightful member @Client62 🙂

Please, do let us know if you need our help with your internet settings or services and we're here to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs