cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem mode from HUb 3 to Hub 5

Cruzeroo7
Tuning in

Hi,

my hub 3 has been working in modem mode for some time. 

once I install the new hub 5, do I simply change that to modem mode? No other steps required? 

im mindful that I don’t want anything else to go wrong in the process.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Once your hub 3 has stopped working (when deactivated) you can install your activated hub 5. Put it into modem mode and reboot your router so that the WAN IP address can be obtained.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

^it should be that simple
---------------------------------------------------------------

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Make sure you power on the Hub5 as the last thing you do. This is just in case your WAN IP has changed.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thank you

ive currently got two routers set up as a mesh off the hub 3. Would I need to do anything with the settings on these routers or, just as you’ve detailed on the Hub 5 ?

Hi @Cruzeroo7

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

As mentioned by our community, after setting up the new hub, you should be able to put the hub in router mode. In regards to the other hubs, as this is third part equipment we would be unable to best advise.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Cruzeroo7 wrote:

ive currently got two routers set up as a mesh off the hub 3. Would I need to do anything with the settings on these routers or, just as you’ve detailed on the Hub 5 ?

You need the hub in modem mode and the main router connected to it by its WAN port to be in router mode (as it's your DHCP server). Any routers downstream of the main router should not also be in router mode.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks