cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this company a joke?

Pawelkrishna
Tuning in

Serious question.

My package is M500. I connected my router to internet and found following issues:

- speed is way below advertised 500mbps:

C2A90DF8-8F79-4957-9815-6CE4868BAAA8.png

- when I try to connect to router to change ssid and password second time, it says someone else is already connected, only one session allowed? wth? I want to login with 20 sessions, wth is the reason it’s limited to one? Oh yeah incompetent developers. All in all I can’t relog because apparently someone else is logged in which is me, all I did was leave the tab on phone and went back 1minute later and it asked me to log in again, very long session thanks. So can’t login to my own session because I am already logged in but asking me again to log in? Holly f…

- can’t create virgin media account because my account number and area is not recognised, the same details I got in email.. ???????

- when using whatsapp I get dumb bot, no links no pictures are provided there, so I downloaded virgin media connect app, and while talking to bot I got images, to tell me really amateur stuff like make sure power cable is firmly connected or sat cable is firmly connected, restart router.. what are we 1999? I just can’t get to real person it’s a joke man…

- most of forms do not work, says please correct highlighted fields but nothing is highlighted. Ironically it also shown me while trying to make this post, now I am figuring out what is wrong, keeping fingers crossed I’ll be able to post this..

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pawelkrishna wrote:

My package is M500....- speed is way below advertised 500mbps:

Are you using wired or wireless to do these speed tests? VM only guarantee speeds over hard-wired Ethernet connections if you're not already.

Regardless of the answer..

1: Let's get all your modem stats.. Goto to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) but don't log in. Click on "router status", and copy & paste the data from each of the tabs.

2: If you haven't already, please setup a Broadband Quality Monitor and post a link to your live graph. It monitors your connection 24/7 and provides excellent diagnosis of any underlying issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pawelkrishna wrote:

when I try to connect to router to change ssid and password second time, it says someone else is already connected, only one session allowed? wth? I want to login with 20 sessions, wth is the reason it’s limited to one? Oh yeah incompetent developers. All in all I can’t relog because apparently someone else is logged in which is me, all I did was leave the tab on phone and went back 1minute later and it asked me to log in again, very long session thanks. So can’t login to my own session because I am already logged in but asking me again to log in? 

- can’t create virgin media account because my account number and area is not recognised, the same details I got in email.. ???????

- when using whatsapp I get dumb bot, no links no pictures are provided there, so I downloaded virgin media connect app, and while talking to bot I got images, to tell me really amateur stuff like make sure power cable is firmly connected or sat cable is firmly connected, restart router.. what are we 1999? I just can’t get to real person it’s a joke man…

This forum is for VM UK, they don't use whatsapp as a means of communication, although VM Ireland do and as such are two different companies.

If you are based in Ireland then the VM contact details are on this page https://www.virginmedia.ie/contact/ 

As to already been logged in, there's a long standing issue with the phone connect app. If you reboot the hub then you should be able to log into the hub interface again.

In the UK most account numbers are 9 digits in length, however a few accounts only have 8 numbers and so they have to input a leading zero, as in 012345678 instead of 12345678 for instance. The same may apply to yourself.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Pawelkrishna

Thanks for your post 

How are things looking now 

When is says someone else is logged in, just reboot the hub and sign back in 

Are you still getting slow speeds 

If so let me know and I can look at this in more detail

Gareth_L