cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Broadband Connectivity Issues

rosesforthedead
Joining in

test3103.png

So over the past few weeks, I've noticed during gaming sessions that I keep dropping out, having issues such as "Lost connection to Host" etc etc, but yesterday and today I've noticed it more than ever, as I'm working from home.

I am experiencing intermittent drops / packet loss on wired and wireless, mutliple times a day. I have the Volt Gig1 Fibre Broadband and getting nowhere near those speeds, even though I've got the appropriate ethernet cables for my computer (my motherboard also supports this).

The speeds isn't my main concern currently, mainly my intermittent drop outs, as each time I do it disconnects me from my work telephony, which messes with my adherence for work stats.

I've set up a thinkbroadband monitor, which I'm currently getting the stats for, so I'll post them when it's been around 24 hours, but any help in the meantime would be appreciated.

Please note: I'm using the modem in Modem Mode, with a TP-Link router connected as the WiFi from the VM router is shocking. I've tried this without the attached router and the issue remains.

5 REPLIES 5

rosesforthedead
Joining in

intermittent.jpg

rosesforthedead
Joining in

Latest screenshot from my monitorScreenshot 2023-04-01 015912.jpg

Hey rosesforthedead, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some connection issues.

I have taken a look and I can see there is actually an area outage in the area which will cause performance issues like this unfortunately.

This is due to end on the 05 April 2023 until 10:25AM.

You can keep an eye on any updates here . Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

rosesforthedead
Joining in

Just an update - I thought I'd give VM the benefit of the doubt and waited a full month before reporting back. This is STILL an issue.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/b4dd03565e79f704a7e5411262ba1ef94e... 

Hi rosesforthedead, 

Thank you for getting back in touch with us here on the community. 

We are very sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with the service. 

We have taken a look from our side and can see the previous outage is resolved but your equipment does appear to be running out of specification. 

With this being the case, we will need to look in to this further so I will pop you over a private message to take a few more details now. 

This will be available via the red bar at the top of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat