cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent Wifi Pod won't connect to Hub 4 after upgrade from hub 3

Village90
Tuning in

I upgraded my package and received a Hub 4 yesterday to replace the Hub 3 but my WiFi pods will now not connect to the Hub. So I have numerous blackspots again. Virgin have said an engineer will call but still nothing. 

Is there anything I can do??

10 REPLIES 10

Scage
Dialled in

I think the Hub4 needs an update pushed to it from Virgin’s side to get the pods to work.

i had a similar issue this week when my Hub 4 was replaced with a new Hub 4, as the old Hub 4 had had the update but the new one I hadn’t. I rang Virgin and asked for the update to be pushed. Since then the pods have been working as before (I.e. not great speeds but better than not having them at all).

Thats if they are the Intelligent Wi-fi Pods. My understanding (and may be wrong) is that Virgin used to offer different pods/ boosters that don’t work with the Hub 4.

Thanks for your reply, will try and call then again and see what they say. Keep telling me someone will call from 2nd technical but nothing. 

Getting 700 - 800mbps close to hub but as soon as you go to top of stairs drops to 350mbps then in the bedroom it goes to 20mbps so definitely need these working and yes they are the intelligent wifi pods. 

Still no better off, spoke with them and my hub is on the latest firmware. They don't know what to do which seems unlikely as its their equipment. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The wifi Pods need  to be paired with the  new VM Hub

It's possible that VM haven't correctly provisioned the systems to link the pods to your new Hub.

Make a note of the information on the back of the Pods (serial number, MAC number etc) and check with VM they are correctly provisioned.

It may need 2nd level support to update this.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your reply, I'll speak to them tomorrow as one of the 3 pods seem to be working at the minute. Spent 2 hours on the phone to them so far today.

Hi Village90,

Thanks for reaching back out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see you were having problems with your Intelligent WIFI pods not being connected to your new Hub 4.0, I have been able to locate your account with the details we have for you and can see you have since spoken to our Support team in regards to making sure the Pods are paired to the correct Router.

How are thing, is everything now set up and have the blackspots now gone?

For future reference you can find out more around our Intelligent WIFI and the Pods here?

Regards

Paul.

Mattg68
On our wavelength

I am also having the same issue. Spoke to customer support and was told I needed new wifi pods for hub4 router. Can anyone from Virgin 2nd level support reach out to me directly to arrange pairing my existing pods to the hub 4 router please.

been there , done that they just said i had to return my 2 pods as they were not working then told to wait 5 days and if they have recieved my 2 pods via YODEL i can ask for a new but yodel and virgin cant find my pods but i have the return receipt , also i was informed by virgin i didnt need the pods to be assigned to my router, blind leading the blind

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Mattg68 wrote:

I am also having the same issue. Spoke to customer support and was told I needed new wifi pods for hub4 router. Can anyone from Virgin 2nd level support reach out to me directly to arrange pairing my existing pods to the hub 4 router please.

advice is rubbish - the pods need to be linked to your new router not new pods - try this

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

theres a freephone number 0800 052 0422. You need option 4 to speak to retentions

Tony.
Sacked VIP