Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub5 accessing WiFi with wpa2/wpa3

Kungfupanda929
Tuning in

Hi there,

Just set up our Hub5 at home.

When changing our WiFi security settings to wpa2/wpa3 to be safer none of our mobile devices can access the network. 

We changed it because on the iPhone they recommend to set this security level. Frustrating.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Kungfupanda929 

That's Apple being over zealous, please see the following pinned post

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/iOS-14-Weak-Security 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thx. The problem the iPhone is everything disconnecting from the WiFi when not using it.

Very annoying. Did anyone experience that?

Hi @Kungfupanda929,

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue with your iPhone, I am sorry it keeps disconnecting from the WIFI sporadically! 

I did do some digging for you on Apple's forum to see if they had any info on this issue, which they did! See here for a similar post to yours 👉 iPhone disconnecting from WIFI.

However, I also checked your services on our side just to make sure we covered all bases and can see there is an area outage, which is regarding an SNR issue. 

This is due to be fixed  - 18 APR 2023 13:10 - But please be aware this is just an estimate, it could change depending on what the engineers find. However, I am sure they will be working incredibly hard to get this fixed as soon as possible for you. 

This sort of area fault does manifest as intermittent connection and disconnections, so it could be the root cause of the issue. If the problem continues once the outage has been fixed, I would then move onto the link I provided with Apple's help forum 🤗

You should be able to see updates on the outage on our service checker, but feel free to ask here too if you need to! 

Thanks, 

Megan_L

Thank you for the help

Hub 5's with WPA3-SAE enabled cause issues with WiFi connectivity & stability for both Apple and HP kit.