cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 5Ghz wifi not visible

wellers
Joining in

Hi, it seems like my Hub3 has developed the fault reported by other people (here, here, here, here) with the 5Ghz network disappearing.

I've been through the Virgin Media help pages and the diagnostic tools but it seems pretty clear that this is a technical fault.

According to the status of the router, both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks are active.

I've done the suggested steps - rebooting the router, factory reset, switching off channel optimisation and giving 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz separate names - but that 5Ghz network is stubbornly refusing to appear.

From the other messages with the same issue it seems that some people have had success with a factory reset but that others have needed further technical support. I think I'm one of those people?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @wellers

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the hub settings issue with the WiFi band dropping out. I have done a system check today, you do need a tech as only showing 1 upstream channel instead of 4 and that is also out of spec. I'll note the tech work order with the bandwith thing as well though so they are aware of it 🙂

I shall send you a PM now to assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @wellers

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the hub settings issue with the WiFi band dropping out. I have done a system check today, you do need a tech as only showing 1 upstream channel instead of 4 and that is also out of spec. I'll note the tech work order with the bandwith thing as well though so they are aware of it 🙂

I shall send you a PM now to assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @wellers

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the engineer visit has been booked in. This will show on your online account - virg.in/myVM - where you can track and even cancel if needed. 

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

John_GS
Forum Team

Thanks so much John