cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my 5ghz wifi today after upgrade

Wmwxc79
Tuning in

So i have just started my new 18 month contract .. Since they told me they were upgrading me to 200 meg I have lost my 5ghz wifi .. I now only get 2.4 ghz ..I split them couple of years ago and has worked well on the hub 3 since .. What a frustrating start 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you checked the bands are still split?  It might have reset the hub to default settings when the new speed config was pushed out to the hub.

My setup: VM TV 360 box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you checked the bands are still split?  It might have reset the hub to default settings when the new speed config was pushed out to the hub.

My setup: VM TV 360 box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Yes logged into router still showing as split ,, Settings were the same as when I split them . Thankyou for replying 

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Wmwxc79 wrote:

Yes logged into router still showing as split ,, Settings were the same as when I split them . Thankyou for replying 

I’d suggest a factory reset of the hub using the pinhole method. This will lose your settings and require you to split the bands again, but will be one of the things the staff suggest when they get here.

Hi Wmwxc79, thank you for bringing this to our attention! Sorry to hear about this. 

Have you tried doing a pinhole reset on the hub to return it to factory settings, and then tried re-setting up your split wifi network settings? 

Let us know how you get on. 

All the best. 

Molly