cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub Fault

Daveyclak
Tuning in

We had internet installed on Thursday. Speeds have been well below what was advertised. Today, the internet is intermittent and the hub is showing an orange light. Having read similar posts and FAQs, this should not happen and can only mean a fault with the hardware. I have tried several factory resets and the problem remains. Please advise. 

14 REPLIES 14

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Is the speed you measured over WiFi or ethernet cable?  If over WiFi, test again with a cable connection.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Wi-fi. This does not answer the question re the orange light.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the power light can be many shades - white - cream and orangish - orang does not mean a fault

post some info from the hub

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony.
Sacked VIP

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Daveyclak wrote:

Wi-fi. This does not answer the question re the orange light.

WiFi speeds are not guaranteed.  What speeds do you get with an ethernet connection?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

There are no options other than to sign in and I cannot do this as it rejects the password. The light is definitely orange and can in no way be interpreted as a shade of white/yellow. This has come up on a different thread and a faulty hub was indicated. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You don't need to log in. The link is on the screen below the sign-in box.

- jpeg1

There is no link below the sign in box. 

Screenshot_20210821_180517_com.android.chrome.jpg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Daveyclak

I'm not sure but perhaps if you've never logged into the hub settings before you won't be able to access the details requested.

You should be able to sign in using the settings password (printed on the base of the hub), not the wifi password

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Sign in - change the password - save - sign out and start reconnect the browser - the router status icon will magically appear

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.