cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 Settings unresponsive - white screen

Jmx
Tuning in

This seems to be a common problem with the Hub 4

Start with 60 second reset - hub boots up. At this point I can log in to the admin portal and make adjustments. Then leave it for about 24 hours and try to log in again. Accepts the password and then just the white screen that lots of others mention. 

Some have suggested that as long as you don’t use the VM Connect app then the portal will be OK. I haven’t used the app since the 60s restart (it didn’t connect before the restart anyway). 

I don’t have a VPN or any of the other standard questions. This is a hub that was replaced in the summer and has never worked properly. There is a suggestion in the forums that if the replacement was a recondition unit this is quite common.  

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Alessandro Volta

If the Connect app remains installed on any of your family's mobiles, the Hub 4 menu will re-fail as outlined above.

Ah - good point thanks. Trying again with another 60s reset after deleting VM connect app. 

Reset things yesterday after deleting VM connect app from devices. Waited until this morning and same outcome. White, unresponsive screen. 

Think it might be replacement time.  

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Are you quite sure some one has not re-install the Connect app on a mobile or a tablet ?

Hi @Jmx 

Could you clarify that the Connect App isn't installed on any other device in the household?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes, checked - no other devices with the app on

Hello Jmx.

What we will do from here is send you a private message to take some account details and pass security.

Once that's been done we can access your account, run some tests and look at a possible solution.

If you can check your logo at the top right of your screen that would be great. 
Gareth_L

Thanks for passing security Jmx.

Everything appears to be fine with your account.

Regarding the settings on the Hub4 

The URL to access your hub advanced settings is 192.168.100.1
Can we just check this is the one you have been using?
There's more information on how to configure advanced settings on your hub here

If you can try that and let us know if the settings page appears okay.

Gareth_L

Hi, I was using 192.168.0.1 - just tried 192.168.100.1 and got the same response. Which is that the login screen loads, enter password and it just goes to unresponsive white screen