cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 has a permanent red light (is in router mode)

steved73
Tuning in

Hi, my Hub 3 has recently started showing a red light permanently.
Wifi is still mostly working, but definitely some intermittent issues.
Please advise - can you just supply a replacement hub, or arrange an appointment?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have tried rebooting & the fault still occurs the hub will require replacement.

The Red light is an overheat warning. If the hub is hot to touch it should be turned off as it is a potential fire risk.

This thread has been escalated for a priority response, & a staff forum team member will be along shortly to follow up.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey steved73, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear there is a red light on your Hub.

Please can you follow these steps;

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.
 Please do me let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks Matt,

I've tried power-cycling the hub a couple of times without any change.

It is upright, in clear space, and out of the sun for sure.

I'll try it one more time tonight when I get home, but am pretty sure it won't make any difference.

Kind Regards
Steve

Hi again Matt,

As suspected, I have tried a couple of power cycles, and the red light remains on permanently after reboot.

Look forward to your advice

Kind Regards
Steve

Hi there @steved73

Thank you so much for trying this for us. I think it would be best to get an engineer out to look into this for you.

I'll pop you a PM now so we can arrange this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again. 

Hello again

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your Hub issue– you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Thanks again.