cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 shows a red light and network issues

Dracks55
Joining in

Hi,
My hub 3.0 has recently been showing as red and when i run diagnostics it says "Your home network has a few problems" with a red triangle.

However, it doesn't tell me what those problems are.

I am experiencing wifi packet loss, where my mobile is sometimes connected to the internet, and sometimes not.

Also, a number of other wifi devinces are experiencing the same.

Please can someone help?

3 REPLIES 3

g0akc
Problem sorter

Red light on hub?  Usually means overheating or faulty.

Is it getting hot?  Near a radiator or other heat sources?

Are wired connections ok?  Hub stats?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

If this does not resolve the red light, I would ask for a replacement Hub.  If the Hub is in anyway hot, do not use it as it may be overheating and a fire risk.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dracks55,

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community!

Sorry to see you're facing issues.

From checking our service I can't see any readings that would directly be in relation to the problem you're having, can I ask whether you have tried what the lovely @Adduxi has advised yet?

Also to touch on what @g0akc has said, whereabouts is the Hub placed?

Thanks,

Kain