cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 settings password not working

meejahoar
Joining in

Hub 3.0 settings password (which is printed on the bottom of the router) isn't working. Does Virgin reset this with a different default password and if so how do I get it? 

83 REPLIES 83

@James_W wrote:

Updates made last night should have resolved this issue for those of you affected.

A simple reboot is all that should now be required.

I’m sorry but rebooting has made absolutely ZERO difference - the Setting Password (the 8 digit number shown on the bottom of my Hub 3) is STILL not being accepted (as I said before, I have NEVER changed this number). Smiley Mad

My Hub 3 has software version: 9.1.116.608

WHY IS THIS NOT WORKING???

Smiley MadSmiley Sad

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@deans6571 wrote:

Why are you so reluctant to do the pinhole reset with a twist (message 12) - it will take all of 5 minutes to reinput ssid changes?  A lot of people >10 have done this this week and its sorted similar problems

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Newish-hub-3-WIFI-incorrect-password/td-p/3...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

suzieqtoo
Just joined

I can vouch for the solution in message 12. 

More specifically:

1) stick a pin in the reset hole for a good 20 or 30 secs but DON'T switch the hub off and on

2) Connect to the hub admin page (once it is available) and it should ask you to enter the default password and then change it

After that I can login fine.  If you're worried about losing new password then stick it on the bottom of your hub.  But you can always do the reset again.

Apparently VM support know nothing about this solution, after 20 min wait couldn't offer anything other than replacing the hub.  Nice to know that the customers know more than their staff.

Hi i`m with the same problem, was this applied to all users or only to who complained?

Actually my case solved by leaving the reset button pressed for 60 seconds with the router on, the hub will start flickering but after all the 60s i have release the reset button and will request to setup the language and the new password.

@deans6571 wrote:

@James_W wrote:

Updates made last night should have resolved this issue for those of you affected.

A simple reboot is all that should now be required.

I’m sorry but rebooting has made absolutely ZERO difference - the Setting Password (the 8 digit number shown on the bottom of my Hub 3) is STILL not being accepted (as I said before, I have NEVER changed this number). Smiley Mad

My Hub 3 has software version: 9.1.116.608

Smiley MadSmiley Sad

....still not working even though I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app....

Why must the so called' fix' (which isn't really a fix anyway) involve me resetting my Hub 3 back to factory settings and me then spending the next half hour going through and renaming all the SSIDS and inputting all the wifi password again from scratch? Smiley Mad

There is obviously an underlying issue if the app is saying that my settings password is incorrect when I know for a fact that it is 100% CORRECT.....

I have the same problem too and I ain't going tech support for it.

I hope somebody can identify a solution and post on here.

I would not only have to do ids and passwords, I would have to do all the macs for mac filtering, and there's a bug with that too, in that after a few entries you have to choose  a mac two above the one you actually want populated in the filter list. I have over twenty in the list. Can't be bothered with that.

Is there any other way to connect to the 'Connect' app, because there flaming well should be!

Hi pbarrett, sorry to hear you're having issues.

Have you tried a reset on the router? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I might get around to it, possible, but as mentioned above......

"I would not only have to do ids and passwords, I would have to do all the macs for mac filtering, and there's a bug with that too, in that after a few entries you have to choose a mac two above the one you actually want populated in the filter list. I have over twenty in the list. Can't be bothered with that."

No worries, apologies for that. Please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill