cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with ordering WiFi Pod

MalevalentD
Joining in

Hi Team

My son has been complaining of poor WiFi speeds in his bedroom and lag when he is gaming.
I'm on the 1 Gigabit package with Volt and used the VM Connect app to check the WiFi speeds in his room and this shows that he is only getting 18mbps download speed (4mbps Upload), which confirms what he is telling me.
Unfortunately the app doesn't let me order a WiFi pod, although it suggests that's what I need. Insread of giving me the option to order a WiFI pod, it shows links to WiFi Max and I can't tell is this has already been activated on my package (although i do seem to be eligible), unfortunately everytime I click on the links in the app around WiFI Max, I end up getting an error.

I have tried ringing VM on 0800 064 3850 and on a different number 0345 454 1111 , but I seem to get lost in all the sub-menus and on the 3 occasions I have tried, I have ended up following the menus for technical help but get to the same point where I am told me equipment is functioning correctly and I am cut off and receive a text about VM Connect.
I have also tried to get in touch using Text chat function, however when I sent a reply with my query, the response was "thanks for contacting us on SMS, we don't currently use this service. please contact is via web messaging". That gives me a link to the virtual assistant but i end up going through all the same menus again.

It's so incredibly frustrating!
I'm hoping a VM Mod or agent will be able to kick off this process for me 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @MalevalentD Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm so sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing in relation to the Wi-Fi within your son's room. 😢 And also for the poor experience with the app and the option menu.
I will assist you on this matter and get this resolved for you ASAP.

I will send a private message to further assist. 🧾

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @MalevalentD Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm so sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing in relation to the Wi-Fi within your son's room. 😢 And also for the poor experience with the app and the option menu.
I will assist you on this matter and get this resolved for you ASAP.

I will send a private message to further assist. 🧾

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @MalevalentD 🧾

I'm glad we have been able to assist!
All information for the pod can be found within our private chat.

As advised - reach out to us for any other queries and let us know how it goes when the pod arrives. 😇

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team