cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Buffering connection & Internet Signal Drops

Amanda8623
Tuning in

For the last week the internet keeps dropping out. I work from home and getting grief from my employers, as Im a call centre worker. When we watch UTube or Amazing fire sticks, its often buffers and cuts off. Ive done diagnostics and checked for blackspots, no issues all great according to Virgin connect app. Can anyone help please?? Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Does it do the same on a wired connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

It does it on them all. This evening I worked out its happens when my son is online streaming upstairs at same time. The main TV is a wired connection and it did it on that when stream watching stuff on the Amazon stick. 

Post the Network, Upstream and Downstream logs from the hubs admin pages back here as text 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Ive no idea how to do that?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Amanda,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your internet.

Can you please tell me if you was able to resolve this? I checked my system, no outages are in the area. Also no errors on your up/down streams. 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

I called Virgin, they said upload speed is 200ish (Im on their 200 internet) but its not, its only 49ish. They weren't why it was showing differently at their end. They told me to run speed tests whilst talking to them, which confirmed 49ish upload. They said they get engineer to fix it remotely but no change over 24 hours later. 

This is what we checked...

Samknows.com/realspeed

Speedtest.net

Virgin media broadband test

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update @Amanda8623.

Can you please tell me what speeds you are getting on your wired connection?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi. Same, about 40 download and 20 upload - Thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @Amanda862. 

I have this morning run some further diagnostics & have been able to find some power level issues, I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can confirm your address. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M