cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCTV connection

cctvmad
Tuning in

Going a bit mad. No issues with CCTV ever, had a super hub 4 put in today and now this.

I have put the super hub 4 into modem mode and connected it to my netgear router which was already being used for my CCTV, all port forwarding rules and IP’s for the NVR are the same.

I can view my CCTV using the local IP (192.168.1.105) when I am connected to my router

I can view my CCTV when I am outside my house on 5G or someone else’s internet using the external IP.

I can’t view my CCTV if I am connected to my router and use the external IP like above.

Why this is annoying is I have to run 2 different profiles, before the superhub 4 I never had this issue.

Have I missed something obvious? Or is this a superhub 4 problem?

Thanks for any help.

16 REPLIES 16

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub did you have before the Hub4 - and was that all ok?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi

Yes hub3 before no issues.

It’s so bizarre as my assumption is modem mode takes away all control from the superhub as such. This setup is identical to what I had before just with a hub 4.

The fact I can connect in from being on 5G or someone else’s internet says the port forwarding works fine.

Almost like the connection is preventing the same IP it’s coming from going back to itself.

Thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Strange.

I am not familiar with the Hub4 - other than its Firmware is "buggy". Someone else should comment soon

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Has your WAN IP address changed?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@cctvmad wrote:

I have put the super hub 4 into modem mode and connected it to my netgear router 

I can view my CCTV when I am outside my house on 5G or someone else’s internet using the external IP.

I can’t view my CCTV if I am connected to my router and use the external IP like above..

Problem is with your router not hub modem mode will never cause this to happened.

---------------------------------------------------------------

My wan ip has changed.

I tend to agree about it being the router but not sure how. The only thing that has changed is the hub, I can access CCTV on my local network using local IP and I can access it outside my network. Just can’t access it from being on my network using my wan IP.

I have just made 2 profiles as a work around on the app (home and home local) it will bug me until I figure it out why 🤣

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you sure the Hub4 is in modem mode? What is the colour of the LED ring on the Hub4? Because if it’s not you have double NAT and that would explain your problem.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Yea 100% in modem mode, the light was solid white, I have turned the LED off from in the menu now.

My router would see a lan ip if not in modem mode, but it sees the 82.xxx.xxx.xxx wan ip.

Hello cctvmad, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear about your CCTV issues. 

Please can you confirm if you have tried accessing without the router being in modem mode? 

Are you having any other problems with any other connected devices?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?