cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package renewal but o2 SIM never arrived?

JP2015
Tuning in

Hi, can any of the Virgin Media team help me with the following please?

I recently renewed my home Phone/Broadband/TV package when a sales person rang me offering the same package I was on for more or less the same price, she also promised I would get an o2 SIM card (100GB data, unlimited texts & calls) included in the price and advised me to set up a new o2 account as this could not be issued on my current o2 account. Anyway she said it would arrive in the post but nothing ever did, upon checking my account it looks like the SIM was never put on?

I've so far tried contacting o2 who advised me to contact Virgin as it's part of a package deal, but when I contact Virgin they told me to contact o2. So I've made a complaint to Virgin and also contacted retentions but was told I just need to keep trying to get in touch with the Virgin Media team that deals with contracts?

Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JP2015 👋 welcome back to the community forum! Thanks for posting. 

Sadly we are unable to process, place or re-send O2 SIM orders, as this needs to be completed with O2 directly.

We do appreciate this may be frustrating as you have been advised the opposite in each direction! 

You can speak to O2 directly via Contact Us | Help, Support and Useful Numbers | O2 📲8002 from an O2 mobile or by 📞 0800 977 7337 from a landline.

We also don't offer support with package changes via the community forum as this is best done in real time. If you need to speak to our teams further about placing an order you can do this via 📞Call: 150 (free of charge) from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi, can someone from Virgin Media PLEASE help me with this.... I am getting messed about here by both VM and o2, VM telling to contact o2 and then o2 telling me to contact VM... I agreed an o2 SIM as part of my Virgin Media package, o2 have said NOTHING has been passed to them so they cannot do anything. As I made a contractual agreement with VM I would like them to sort this. I honestly do not have the time to sit waiting on live chats and calling for 20 minutes each time to be hung up on.

Hi @JP2015 thanks for your reply here.

As we have mentioned earlier, we cannot process any SIMs once we are past the sales point and as this has already passed, we are limited in how we can help. 

Despite this, please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can.

Many thanks

Tom_W