cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

price rise

HOTDOGHARRY
On our wavelength

received email my package price is going to increase by £8.50 on March 1st 2022 which is £102 a year BUT  looking on internet most sites say increase will be £56 a year

Why is my increase so much?

TV - Full House with Sky Sports

Broadband - M200

Landline - Talk Weekends

19 REPLIES 19

Hi @HOTDOGHARRY thanks for getting back to us.

I can only speculate without seeing your package sorry.  Are you already in receipt of loyalty discounts?  Or are you currently being charged the standard rate for your package?

Regards

Lee_R

HOTDOGHARRY
On our wavelength

I do not have any discounts on my account

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HOTDOGHARRY wrote:

Thanks for reply so why is your increase 6% and mine is 7.87% surely they should be the same or is it a location thing I am in Kent where are you?

Cheers

@HOTDOGHARRY Why should they be the same?  We have different packages.

If you ignore the fact that you are on a legacy package (which you seem to be doing) you have Sky Sports which I do not and that alone could well account for the disparity in the increase.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

so thats why thet keep changing the tv package titles so they can charge more for the old ones the cheeky gits

I would have thought any increases in price by percentage should be the same percentage for all not pick and choose and the fact that I have Sky Sports shouldnt make a difference to the percentage

I am sorry you feel the way that you do @HOTDOGHARRY.

We have re-brands to move with the times.  We always inform our customers of those re-brands in advance.  Have you spoken to our customer relations team?  They can do a review of your package with you to find out if you're on the best one in regards to your needs and see if they can tailor one that's more appropriate.

Regards

Lee_R

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HOTDOGHARRY wrote:

so thats why thet keep changing the tv package titles so they can charge more for the old ones the cheeky gits

I would have thought any increases in price by percentage should be the same percentage for all not pick and choose and the fact that I have Sky Sports shouldnt make a difference to the percentage

@HOTDOGHARRY It is not just the titles of the packages that change the contents change to.  For example the change from Full House to MAXIT resulted in less kids channels in MAXIT and the missing kids channels became an optional extra you could add.  This allowed me to stop paying for channels I didn't watch, so was good for me but maybe not for others.

Sky are not immune to the increases in costs that we are all experiencing so will have to pass those extra costs for Sky Sports or Movies on to Virgin and they then pass it on to customers.  Makes sense to me.

The moral of the story is call them when your price goes up or your deal ends and haggle for a better deal, change supplier, or put up with the prices.  Your choice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

You dont seem to get my point

If the rise is a percentage of package total (VM told me this) then it shouldnt matter what package add ons etc the percentage should be the same for all

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HOTDOGHARRY wrote:

You dont seem to get my point

If the rise is a percentage of package total (VM told me this) then it shouldnt matter what package add ons etc the percentage should be the same for all

In that case you have been mislead or you misunderstood, because the percentages are indeed dependant on what package and the number of services you have.

If you are not happy leave.

simples.png

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It could be worse, you could be with BT who are increasing prices by 9.3%:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/01/broadband-isp-bt-defends-9-3-percent-uk-price-hike-for...

obanite89
Dialled in

Mine is going up by the exact same amount, no legacy and no sky sports, i think they just pick a number out of a hat.