cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#You can check out any time you want but you can never leave#

Kenclark6
Joining in

“My discount was due to expire so at the end of March I rang to discuss options. I didn’t accept their offer and gave a months notice to quit. End of I thought. A few weeks later I realised I’d received no confirmation so rang the “Helpdesk”. “Ah yes” they said, “we can see you rang us but no mention of leaving on your record”. OK, I’m telling you now (again). “OK” they said.

A week later still no communication so I rang again. “Ah yes” they said, “we can see you rang us on both dates but no mention of you wanting to leave”. I said that this wasn’t good enough. They said they would raise a complaint about it and I would be contacted within the next “5-7 days”. No one contacted me.
It’s now a month since giving my notice so I give up. Disconnect router, cancel DD. End of
Since then I have spoken to the “Helpline” again, raised a complaint that was not satisfactorily answered and even written a letter to the Sunderland office explaining all this with dates and times. No response except for emails with ever increasing amounts and ever more threatening language. (Which you can’t reply to).
They have refused to engage with me at any point. Ofcom rules say it should be easy to leave and that I should be treated fairly. This has not happened in my case. I’m very disappointed and will never be a customer of any part of the Virgin group again.”

Date of experience: June 26, 2023

EditDeleteShare

Reply from Virgin Media

4 hours ago

Hi Kenneth, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re very sorry to hear that you feel this way due to having issues leaving and we’re keen to know more so we can help put things right. Please get in touch using one of the following contact methods;
Call: 150 from a Virgin Media Landline or 03454541111 from any other phone
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/virginmedia/
WhatsApp: +447305 327 112
Twitter: https://twitter.com/virginmedia
Forums: virg.in/VMforums
And we can help from there
Thanks. -AH

1 REPLY 1

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Kenclark6,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have experienced this its not the service we aim for, I can certainly look into this with you and make sure everything goes ahead as planned, for me to do so I would need to invite you in for a quick private message, if you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Speak soon, Joe