cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Request for Credit File Correction due to Incorrect Missed Payment Report

omega_green
Joining in

Dear Virgin Media Support Team,

I am writing to urgently request your assistance in rectifying an error on my credit file. Recently, I encountered an issue with a payment to Virgin Media, which was incorrectly reported as missed.

On February 6, 2023, a direct debit was successfully processed from my account for my Virgin Media services (as confirmed by my bank statement). However, due to a glitch in your system, this payment was mistakenly reported as missed on my credit file. I contacted your support team, and they acknowledged the error on your end, subsequently crediting £7.50 to my account. This interaction took place on February 14, 2023.

Unfortunately, my credit file still reflects this erroneous missed payment, which could adversely impact my upcoming mortgage application. I kindly request your immediate attention and assistance in correcting this mistake on my credit file as soon as possible.

I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and your assistance in resolving this issue. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you require any further information from me to facilitate the correction.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider contacting either or both of the following with all supporting evidence to request correction of data:

Should you feel Virgin Media have mishandled your data in this matter then submit a complaint to Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), see For the public | ICO

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

用心棒 thank you so much for your suggestion. While I appreciate your advice, I am concerned that reaching out via email may result in a delayed resolution. I have noticed that some Virgin Media employees have been active on this forum, promptly helping users resolve their issues. I am hopeful that I can receive similar support here.

I am currently in the process of buying a house, and it is crucial for me to have this error removed from my credit report as soon as possible. I am eager to find a quick solution and hope that a Virgin Media representative can provide timely assistance.

Once again, thank you for your input, and I hope to receive the help I urgently need.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team however be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

Hello omega_green

Sorry to hear of the issue caused by the adverse information recorded on your credit file, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We're eager to get this looked into but as 用心棒 and email can be sent to the Credit File Amendments team to arrange for any updates to be requested, this is what we would do. Once this has been requested with the credit reference agency it then depends on when the file is updated, we have no control over this.

I will send you a Private Message to get some details to ensure this is done though.

Rob

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi omega_green,

Rob is currently out of office so I've assigned this to myself to gain an update.

I've dropped you a PM to discuss further.

Regards,

Kain