cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primary & Secondary Accounts

DHodges
Joining in

Hi

I have been a Virgin internet access customer for 15 plus years from the days of Virgin.net & ADSL. I switched to cable when the ADSL was dropped, and had years with no problems at all. Recently, last 3 months or so, VM have changed my only login to the VM website to a "secondary" account, since then I cannot access any of my account details or change payment methods etc. 

Does anyone know how I can get my login to be the "primary" account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The problem for me that I was assigned a strange email address when I first joined which I discovered just before I raised my query. It was a strange looking address with numbers and letters which I didn't recognize and for which I had no password. The VM agent discovered that this was the way in to my primary account and gave me a new password which allowed me to access the primary account. Problem solved in a few days. I don't know if this is useful to you as you were able to get into your primary account until relatively recently. Best wishes.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there DHodges,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for any issues faced, can I ask regarding this, was there an original email that was the main email on the account?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain

The email address I have is (was) the main email address I have and the one that I have been using for years to access my account and all of the settings / account details. They (VM) even email me a link to my bill every month, just can't access it!! When recently the VM website change and I seam to have lost access. The website now says that I am a "secondary" user and I can only change my password and noting else.

Thank you for letting us know @DHodges.

I can see you were very recently in contact with our team regarding this issue and they were able to raise an IT ticket to get this resolved. Please bear with our team while they do so. It can take 3-5 working days for a resolution and they will aim to get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Had an email from VM, they obviously can't be bothered to even contact me!!!! Just closing the issue without even fixing it!!

Can anyone at VM Help?

Date: 08/09/2022

Hello 

Thanks so much for the chat on 08/09/2022. We’re very happy to be able to resolve things for you.

Here's a quick recap

Your complaint was:
Cable Activation/Provision > Other 

And here’s what we agreed:
Technical > Technical help provided

We’ve now closed your complaint. Thanks again for bearing with us.

Stay on top of your services

To make the most of your time with us, make sure you’ve downloaded the My Virgin Media app. With it, you can manage your bills with a tap and a swipe, check the service status in your area, find out when we expect any known problems will be fixed, diagnose issues with your in-home equipment, and loads more.

Take care now,

The Virgin Media team

Hey @DHodges and thanks for coming back to us. 

I'm sorry that the team haven't got in touch with you and closed your complaint down, I can assure you that the team are still working on the issues with your account, they shouldn't have closed the complaint down until the issues are resolved but the support team are still working on the issues that have been logged with them. 

Have the team confirmed any references for you for the ticket logged?

Regards,

Steven_L

Yes I have two ticket numbers given to me. Hopefully something will get sorted out. I was told two days to sort out, then 7! 

Hi @DHodges thanks for your reply - I can appreciate your frustrations here.

Please be assured you'll be notified by the team as soon as the tickets are resolved or if we need to discuss them with you directly, we'll give you a call.

Apologies for the delay in getting things sorted.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Virgin Guys

Just wondered if there was an update?

I have just had an email saying that VM could not take my Direct Debt. Correct, you know about this and it is tagged against the account. As I have mentioned on numerous previous times, I am trying to get access to my account (that VM removed access with out permission) so that I can change my Bank Account details, that why the DD did not go through.

The problem for me that I was assigned a strange email address when I first joined which I discovered just before I raised my query. It was a strange looking address with numbers and letters which I didn't recognize and for which I had no password. The VM agent discovered that this was the way in to my primary account and gave me a new password which allowed me to access the primary account. Problem solved in a few days. I don't know if this is useful to you as you were able to get into your primary account until relatively recently. Best wishes.