cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prices are all over the place

soontobeex
Tuning in

Firstly - My usual bill is 35.50 a month, my latest bill is 49.10. After 2 hours on the phone speaking to numerous people that don’t speak English no one could tell me why it had gone up. There is no explanation on the bill. I was even told on the phone it was because I had joined volt, which is free. Can you shed any light on this? I’m not spending hours of my life on hold again to be told lies and nothing change. 
Second - I got the price increase email and negotiated a price of 34.50 per month going forward in broken English and when I got the confirmation email it was 39.50 which is actually more than the initial price increase. 
I have been with virgin for over 10 years. My 49.10 bill is due on the 17th and I will not be paying it or another penny to virgin media unless this is sorted without me having to negotiate Indian call centres. 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@soontobeex wrote:

Firstly - My usual bill is 35.50 a month, my latest bill is 49.10.

Do you have any promotional discounts that are expiring part-way through this bill cycle? Check your previous bills for details of any discounts you have had, and when they expire - compare that with the dates this latest bill covers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks that makes a bit of sense. It says I have a discount ending 1st of March. Why couldn’t the 3 people I spoke to in a call centre do that? I was told they would turn the 49.10 bill into 35.50 and going forward my bill would be 34.50. I appreciate your help on the first half of my question thanks.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @soontobeex,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see this.

Can you please tell me if everything has been resolved for you?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide