cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract not what I ordered

Spadams96
Joining in

I received an offer from Virgin by phone on 30th January to reduce the price I was paying whilst also adding TV360, landline services and an O2 sim. I agreed to this and got a contract with start date 2nd Feb, the TV360 box arrived and I installed it. Offer price £23.

On 3rd Feb I used the My Virgin Media App to add Sky Sports HD for £19 and TNT Sports for £10. This would bring my package up to £52. I received a contract summary sheet, a contract information sheet and an email with an order reference number. They all stated that I had added Sky Sports HD and TNT Sports and my new price was £52.

Yesterday I received an email saying my request had been "fully actioned" and another email containing a new contract with yesterday's start date. It was for £52 but there was no mention of Sky Sports HD. Only TNT Sports had been added. My main services had suddenly gone from £23 to £34 with TNT charged at £18. This is clearly not what I ordered. My price has gone up by £29 for something that costs £18 full price.

I contacted Virgin using the messaging service. I spent nearly 7 hours messaging customer relations, faults and cancellations.

Customer relations told me to wait 15 days, then when I told them I had received a contract and that TNT had been activated on my package they sent me through to faults because "it show here has been affect already"

Faults told me "I can add TNT with the same bundle but to add Sky Sports HD you need to get the Sky Sports bundle first for £31.50"

When I shared the contract and order information I had received when I ordered, they told me "I am not getting the same deal for the price what you have been offered and I also see that the deal is activated"

I asked to either get what I ordered or be reverted back to my previous price and was told "I am not able to get you that price or revert back the deal" and put me through to cancellations.

Cancellations said they couldn't even see the changes on my account and again said wait 15 days, told me to contact faults and said they could neither add Sky Sports without it costing much more nor could they take away TNT Sports - "I tried to remove the channel but the price didn't change, it just removed the service"

Also told me there was no guarantee of being able to revert to the £23 package.

Is there even a 1% chance that Sky Sports HD will be added within the magical "15 days" they keep talking about or is this just a convenient way for me to lose out on my 14 day cancellation rights?

12 REPLIES 12

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to us on this one with those details, Spadams96.

I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into this for you. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and selecting "Messages".

As you're already aware, it can take around 48 hours for our systems to update and reflect any package that you've recently changed to.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Spadams96
Joining in

Got a call back and 63 had suddenly become 77. Asked for the changes to be cancelled and go back to 23. She couldn't do it, said even removing tnt it would still be 77. It's never been 77 so not sure how that is possible. 

Got put through to retentions who eventually said they could cancel the changes and emailed me a pre-contract for 33 and said there would be a discount applied in the next few days to take it back to 23. Not sure I believe it but we'll see. 

A new one on top of the 15 days thing, if you try to cancel a change, you can't revert to a package/offer that you have had for less than 14 days, so my £23 deal has gone up in smoke. Compliance team have rejected the reversion.

All of this was caused by the My Virgin Media App displaying incorrect prices to me but no-one from Virgin has yet admitted this and never will. So I'm being penalised at best £10 a month for their mistake. Plus the month and a half where they have charged me £29 extra for adding an £18 product, due to displaying incorrect prices on their app.

It clearly stated £19 for Sky Sports HD and £10 for TNT Sports and it had done for months before I agreed to add TV to my package and was still showing these prices the day after the TV box was installed, which is when I placed the order. Instead of just contacting me and saying "sorry mate those prices aren't for you anymore, our app just takes a few days to update, do you want us to cancel it?" they went ahead and processed a completely different order, charging me £18 for TNT Sports and increasing my main package by £11 for nothing and trying to tell me Sky Sports HD hadn't been added because I needed Sky Sports first.

Within a few days the prices on the app had updated to show the correct prices of £38.75 for Sky Sports HD and £18 for TNT Sports but nobody from Virgin has admitted that this is the problem, just kept trotting out the 'you have to have Sky Sports before you can add Sky Sports HD,' conveniently ignoring the fact that I ordered TNT Sports for £10 and I was charged £18 for it. What's the excuse for that one? No SD/HD to hide behind, just your app showing the wrong price. So to get around it they just magically increased my main package from £23 to £34 ie. £11 for nothing. And dispalyed TNT Sports for the full price of £18.

By their logic, if I ordered Sky Sports HD on the app at £38.75 a month, I'd need to already have Sky Sports SD at £31.75 a month. Yeah okay lads, sound, that must be it, not your app not updating fast enough to show me the right prices. Sky Sports SD was showing as something like £15 at the time I placed the order.

Thanks customer relations, thanks faults, thanks cancellations, thanks retentions, thanks compliance team. Good process. 

The only sensible conversation I have had is with Reece on here but he's fighting against the tide.

Worst thing is I am stuck with them, only joined in October on a 24 month deal and probably whatever I agree to now will only extend my contract. 

The only people not complying here are Virgin.