cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lets vote Virginmedia for the worst experience ever trying to cancel your contract

lucas_o0
Tuning in

If you have ever tried cancelling your services with Virginmedia then you know that its not something you can self serve.  You have to write them a letter and put it in the mail that you want to cancel (for a tech company, that is very hard to believe).  If you ring them, they will refer you to a service where they communicate with you via text messages (no one came back to me on that service), then the final option is to use their online chat service (I can live with that).

I start a online chat with Virginmedia on the 22nd of June 2023 at 6pm. For two hours, the support agent was stringing me along, typing a single message after a long wait, asking me to provide this information and that. After about 2 hours, he offered to transfer me to the right dept.  I was clear from the beginning that I wanted to cancel my service, why would we waste each other's time like that. Of course when he ended that chat on the pretext of a transfer, they had finished for the day.

So I got up this morning and started chatting whoever can listen.  Since 9.30am when I started chatting, I am still nowhere close to getting what I want.  The chatbot took me through DPA and also asked me to login, where I have all information up to date.  I have humans popping up after several minutes to ask me for my up to date contact telephone number, email address, reasons why I am leaving, my new address, etc.  4hours on, between the chat window timing out and slow humans, I am still being punished for having chosen Virginmedia for broadband service.  Now I know - never again will I be a customer of yours.

5 REPLIES 5

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lucas.

Apologies for the issues that you have been facing in order to do this. Can I ask, do you still require further assistance in this matter. If you do please find a private message in your envelopes from me requesting a few details. You will find it on the top right of your browser or if you are using a mobile device it will be located under your profile icon.

Sabrina

lucas_o0
Tuning in

Hi Sabrina,

It would be great if you could help.  Now they pretend to think I need help with moving home.

lucas_o0_0-1687787447694.png

Hey @lucas_o0.

Not a problem, grab the private message that I have sent you and we can have a look for you. 

Sabrina

lucas_o0
Tuning in

... and finally its done. Kudos Sabrina

Hi @lucas_o0 

Glad we managed to help you and get your issue resolved. 

Sabrina