cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to CANCEL CONTRACT

Hutts
Joining in

Finding it impossible to cancel virgin media account. 

Been on hold now for over 2hours... just getting bounced from pillar to post.  Obvious attempts to keep me from achieving what im trying to do which is terminate my account.

PLEASE HELP!?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@47Dave @Hutts 

VM are under a specific obligation* to make it as easy to leave VM as to sign up, sounds like they're not doing that.  Register your displeasure with the regulator Ofcom here.

* Ofcom Fairness Code, Paragraph 5: "Customers can sign up to, change and leave their services quickly and smoothly. Providers ensure that customers who are leaving do not face additional barriers or hassle compared to those who are signing up to new services;"

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Hutts, 

Thank you for you post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear you're struggling to get through to the team. Unfortunately on the forums we don't handle contract/package changes/upgrades/cancellations. We have the contact number of 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a Virgin Media landline, we also have a messenger service which you can use WhatsApp: +44730 532 7112. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.

Ive now also put it in writing. So hopefully this will get sorted

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for keeping us noted. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

I am still struggling to cancel the account... am now reading other people saying same issues & tel & chat is pointless???? See below... ?? 

VIRGIN... HOW DO I CANCEL MY CONTRACT???

This is against the law.

Screenshot 2022-06-09 at 16.02.42.png

Hi @Hutts,

I am sorry to hear you are still having some issues cancelling the account.

Have you called again since you posted earlier?

If so, what happened please?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I think i've finally got somewhere... only taken me since 9:30am this morning

Thanks for getting back to me anyways

47Dave
On our wavelength

I too have tried to contacy the cancellations dept at the usual number all afternoon. I have now been on the phone twice for an hour before they cut me off, and currently for 35 minutes and holding.

I would perhaps have accepted an offer from them to remain but after this, without explanation, I will just leave. I've had enough of them.

Okay @Hutts

Thank you for letting me know.

If you do need any further help please do pop back to us. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@47Dave @Hutts 

VM are under a specific obligation* to make it as easy to leave VM as to sign up, sounds like they're not doing that.  Register your displeasure with the regulator Ofcom here.

* Ofcom Fairness Code, Paragraph 5: "Customers can sign up to, change and leave their services quickly and smoothly. Providers ensure that customers who are leaving do not face additional barriers or hassle compared to those who are signing up to new services;"