cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Virgin use a random number generator for its billing?

Madelvic
Tuning in

I've just renewed my contract.   Should be £42 for 18 months; first full bill is £63

I spent FOUR HOURS on the phone to Virgin two months ago trying to  sort this out

Was told August bill would be £32.34, charged £89

September I was told would be £37, charged £29.09

Eventually I got to a Newcastle based retentions team, TR2 who with much effort got me back to the price Virgin had quoted online (and I kept a  printout) that I could no longer find.   They quoted the above charges

These were the prices I was quoted in the 4 hour call (remember I had an online (expired) offer for £42)

£64 then £76 after escalating(!) then £54, then £79, then £68 and finally (supposedly) back to £42

WHAT IS GOING ON?

6 REPLIES 6

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Madelvic,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear there were so many issues with your billing, on your last conversation was a different package/ price agreed?

Regards

Paul.

Paul, not really, but we finally managed to get recognised as Volt customers and under those terms our Broadband speed doubled.  We had had one Pod free of charge to try and fix terrible wifi (it didn't) but a change of Hub from 3 to 5 has made the world of difference plus a second pod, but again they should be part of the Volt bundle

Thanks for the reply @Madelvic on the VM forums. 👋🏼

Has the bill been sorted out by the team or are you awaiting for that be resolved?
The package itself - has that been corrected as well since you last spoke to the team?

Let us know and we can go on from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas package took over a month to sort but fixed.  Billing is the only issue and no progress so far to fix it.  Thanks

Thanks for the reply and for the update @Madelvic.

I will assist on this and send a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @Madelvic on the VM forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad I have been able to assist and resolve the matter.
Let us know of any other issues you may have if any appear and we'll happily assist.

Take care and have an amazing day.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team