cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my direct debit account details

Nanaoh
Tuning in

How do I change my virgin media direct debit account details? I am getting no where with the online system 

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Nanaoh 

The issue could be due to when your current direct debit payment is/was due. Perhaps retry again in a day or two, after the normal date the direct debit is taken.   If you want to update your details, you need to wait until your current bill has been paid in full (and before VM generate your next bill) to make any changes. It takes a few days for their systems to create and process your direct debit payment which is why you can only change your details during this window. Once your Direct Debit payment has been collected you’ll be able to make any change you need

Have you navigated to the following page to try and change your direct debit when logging in via My Virgin Media?

MVM >  Under the Latest Bill section click on View Bill >  on the next page scroll down and click on Manage My Direct Debit >  Next page Change Bank Details > then enter your new details.

There's also a section you can click which opens a pop up with the following details :-

Make a priority call

Call us within 24 hours on 0800 052 5746*. Confirm your account details, and we'll make sure our team takes your call first. This line is open from: Monday to Friday 8am–9pm, Saturday 8am–8pm, Sunday 8am–6pm

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nanaoh, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've been unable to change/update your direct debit details in your My Virgin Media account, have you checked here, to confirm if you're trying to make the change within the recommended timeframe?  Please do update us.

Regards

Lee_R